Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's a Great Day to Be Alive

Sometimes the right song comes on the radio at the perfect time, when you're ready to get fed up with everyone around you for being negative and grumpy and angry. It takes a lot out of you sometimes to remain positive and optimistic and really the hardest part is to not get annoyed with those people who can't see the glass half full. I was almost to my breaking point when this song came on the radio. I smiled, laughed, and thanked the cosmos for playing the tune for me. The words ring true, there's some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't everyday be just this good?

Even with all the negativity around us, everyday CAN be as good as you want it to be, just choose happiness over sorrow. That's what I chose :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUWB2QDUDD8

I got rice cooking in the microwave
Got a 3-day beard I don't plan to shave
It's a goofy thing but I just gotta say, hey
I'm doing alright
Think I'll make me some homemade soup
Feeling pretty good and that's the truth
It's neither drink nor drug induced, no
I'm just doing alright

And it's a great day to be alive
I know the sun's still shining when I close my eyes
There's some hard times in the neighborhood
But why can't everyday be just this good?

No comments:

Post a Comment