Monday, July 30, 2012

Cars

Cars are passing by my mirror
In the blink of an eye, they come and go
And I sit idle watching the scene unfold
Like chapters of my life.

Some lie in my heart immortal
Some over time begin to melt into my mind
And we cannot pick the ones that fly
And we'll never choose the ones that linger

It all unfolds,
and twists,
and bends,
It sways with the monkies
It soars with the eagles
Crashing down around
Striking from the core

These moments and scenes,
And cars and dreams,
Continue their journey
Because deep inside there is a drive
It moves me to the next
Forever to stay alive

So grabbing my picnic basket
I'll lay down a treasured feast
Kick back and watch each car
As it passes by, reflecting my beauty,
My wisdom,
My strength,
Letting each car race by with its own agenda
Letting it come and go,
Letting it float and flow,
and never forgetting to
smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment